Pilot, Wife
and Expat life
what goes up, must come down

Tuesday 12 July 2016

A poem for little people



As I walk away you're crying
You don't want me to go
I always hate to leave you
I really hope you know 

Someone else will hug you
And tell you it's ok
That Mummy will be home soon
But maybe not today

You'll play up and be cheeky
Or maybe good as gold
But when you need some help
It's not my hand you'll hold

My mind is on my work
But my heart is there with you
I'm sorry I can't be there
in everything you do

I'll hear about it later
I'll nod and smile and say
"I'm so glad they were ok
And had a lovely day"

Inside my heart will break
just a little bit each time
I won’t admit to anyone
that really I'm not fine

I'm sure you won’t remember
it will just be normal
only my head and heart
will stay in constant turmoil

I don’t want you forgetting
“Mummy always comes back”
It's important that you know that
for when you see me pack

I'll slip in during the night
or just as you awake
or as you’re eating dinner
or a naughty slice of cake

whatever time it is
you always get a kiss
so you know that Mummy's home

and that Mummy got her wish.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any comments gratefully received!

 photo s_03.jpg  photo s_04.jpg  photo s_06.jpg