Pilot, Wife
and Expat life
what goes up, must come down

Monday 9 May 2011

New in town

At the beginning of this month I moved to a new city, it was all part of the new contract here and to be honest I could have done without it. I managed to sneak home for a few days which was nice, especially as it meant I received the life changing phone call while I was with S and we drove to my parents to celebrate with them. My family has a bit of a tradition going and whenever we have something to celebrate you will find us in the corner of our local chinese wondering why they still bother giving us menus! It has become hugely comforting to me, not only do I love the food but it reminds me each time of all the other happy occasions we have spent there, and there have been many! The last two visits were for S's new job and then mine too and while 90% of my time is currently spent somewhere unfamiliar and alone, those visits meant more to me than ever.

Now I am back to being alone, in an un-furnished apartment, sleeping on a blow up bed and generally getting rather depressed. I know I am not unlucky, it's not like I'm homeless or unemployed or even fatally ill, so don't get me wrong, I know that my situation is a million times better than most but it doesn't stop me holding a pity party for one every so often. The drive here went ok, the hire car was more expensive than I would have liked and as we are saving like mad for the big move and various other things, I am acutely aware of every penny I spend right now. Arriving at my friends flat I had no idea what to expect, I do not know the city at all and had no knowledge of the flat itself. I hear that a picture tells a thousand words.. 


To be fair, the flat itself is very nice, I just wasn't expecting the boxes of stuff! In the end though, they were put away and my ONE bag settled next to my new bed..


So this is where I am staying for the next few months. My blow up bed is the only furniture in the flat and therefore it is now my study, dining room and bedroom! I can't complain, I'm warm and dry and relatively comfy.. the only thing missing are ear defenders, living by the sea is great, but the wildlife isn't half noisy!!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Any comments gratefully received!

 photo s_03.jpg  photo s_04.jpg  photo s_06.jpg