Pilot, Wife
and Expat life
what goes up, must come down

Friday 20 May 2011

WOW!

What a wonderful couple of weeks! I have to say that my spirits are up, my outlook is positive and I am feeling rather fabulous lately! Amazing what a week at home can do!

I've spent a few days back in the UK with S and my family, it was his birthday and we had a BBQ in his honour with a few family and friends. Of course in his family there is no such thing as a few and soon we were looking at cooking enough meat for nearly 35 people. I got a cake with our Middle Eastern flag on and an aircraft flying underneath, it seemed fitting as this will be S's last birthday in England.
On the wedding side of things, my Auntie married in a small ceremony in my parents village, I am told that a good day was had by all and I even managed to sneak a peek at the goings on via skype! It makes me wonder again how anyone survived without it. Skype truly is my lifeline and I am sad that it has been bought by Microsoft and will no doubt suffer for it. I am an Apple girl through and through and I can see the viruses and glitches ruining a good program before the signature is dry on the paperwork.

S's sister has also got engaged, she plans on having her wedding in September next year and I have enjoyed talking venues and flowers with her already. She even has a provisional place booked at a venue I suggested! I have to say I felt a twinge of jealousy when she announced the news, I've already asked her to be one of my bridesmaids and I wonder if now it is not as exciting, also I have to say, I was quite enjoying being the only bride to be in the family. Of course having spent a few days with her now I feel infinitely better and I should have known that would be the case but I couldn't help my instant reaction. I am positive there will be no competition because you cannot compare weddings, if each bride has their perfect day then that is what makes a perfect wedding, not which one cost more or had the best cake..! At least she is very sure of what she wants, and none of her ideas sound remotely like mine so at least I can breathe a sigh of relief there!

The weather in England at the moment is truly beautiful and I just hope that this time next year will be the same. I cannot believe it is only a year to go until my big day and I know that it will go by so very fast! I will miss the lush green of England once we move and I really hope that we will not regret our decision, but I am feeling more and more apprehensive as time ticks on. My start date at the new job is only 15 days after S so at least we will truly be in this together!

As my mood continues to get better I think back to the times recently where life has seemed so barren. My mum reminded me of a particularly bad christmas, just after I had been made redundant and had no job yet to move on to. The company letting me go gave us a chocolate bar at a christmas party that said "Merry Christmas from X Airways"and I remember taking a few home and handing them to my parents, the irony of the situation not lost on them. My mum actually kept one! She said I could eat it once I landed my dream job and when things had turned around... well, I ate it yesterday!!! A moment caught on camera that shows a girl I hardly recognise compared to one from christmas two years ago. Not only older and happier but far far healthier too! I measured myself today for the first time in a long while, I have lost 7 inches from my bust and 4 inches from my waist and hips! Unbelievable! I've decided to break out the summer maxi dresses to show off my curves and I have to say I love them!

So as the good news keeps rolling in like waves on a beach, I can feel my shoulders relax, my smile broaden and my anxiety wash away like grains of sand with the tide. About time too..!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any comments gratefully received!

 photo s_03.jpg  photo s_04.jpg  photo s_06.jpg