Pilot, Wife
and Expat life
what goes up, must come down

Friday 25 March 2016

Let us begin... (again)

I write little poems. I always have. It's a way I find to release the thoughts in my head and keep them somewhere else for a while, it keeps them organised I find. I also like looking back and feeling how I was feeling when I wrote each one. I have a horrific memory, I usually only remember things if there is a picture of it and so this is another way of trying to remember.

It's not the usual way to start a blog, it's also not how I planned to! Then again, this isn't the start. This blog existed before, in another time and another place, a time when I very much needed it, but we will get to that later. So although this is the first post it is not the start, it is the rebirth!

This is an evolving poem, I first wrote it four years ago and have added to it since. I know which bits were from then and which for now, some parts are more relevant now than others but they all matter in some way, so I have never deleted a verse only added, and may continue to in the future. 

By a moon and star lit pool
Six years ago today
You asked me to be yours
And took my breath away

A year later we were married
Though not everybody knew
A simple little service
We shared with just a few

Off into the sunset
We set forth on our own
Finding in a desert land
A place we now call home

That year we did it all again
The dress, the suit, the flowers
And got to go on honeymoon
And face the monsoon showers

A boat, a house, a change of fleet
We gave it all a whirl
we soon became a family of three
With a beautiful baby girl

Last year big birthdays for us both
In Vegas with our friends
And the shock arrival of number two
Before the year was at its end

Now two is four and life has changed
In ways we never guessed
Each day filled with our little girls
With which we are so blessed

On this day, where will we be
In all the years to come
So much still lies in front of us
So much we haven't done

Wherever life will take us
Our footsteps in the sand
We'll walk the path together
Strolling hand in hand

And yet we will remember
Six years ago today
For It was the day you asked me
And I gave my heart away.
💕


No comments:

Post a Comment

Any comments gratefully received!

 photo s_03.jpg  photo s_04.jpg  photo s_06.jpg