Pilot, Wife
and Expat life
what goes up, must come down

Thursday 31 March 2016

Two already??

This week my little girl turns 2. I can't quite believe it. I feel like it was only two seconds ago I was pregnant with her.. Oh no wait, that was the littler one..!

It makes me think about how I was feeling at this moment 2 years ago. Pregnancy throws all sorts of emotions and hormones your way but the last week was just so overwhelming for me.

Granted at the time I was still up a ladder painting the nursery, doing all the paperwork for my mother-in-laws new house and generally missing my mum. It was a contentious issue during my pregnancy whether my mum could be here shortly after the birth, my husband categorically said no. He couldn't understand why my mum should be here and his shouldn't. I think he gets it more now, men unfortunately always seem to see and understand things like that later.

That's beside the point though. The point is that you suddenly realise that this thing you've been nurturing and loving and already worrying about is suddenly going to be here, out.. And mobile. I had real trouble handing her over to other people, apparently that's quite normal and I'm not the only one, but I do remember the exact moment I realised it would have to happen. Of course I wrote a poem about it.

So as we come up to her second birthday here is my poem for my then beautiful unborn Pigeon.

Today your mine
But who knows tomorrow
The thought of sharing you
Fills me with sorrow

Your wriggles and kicks
Are mine to behold
And no one else notices
Unless they've been told

At night time daddy
gets kicked in the ear
And for him I'm happy
Your arrival is near

But You'll always be
My sweet little pigeon
Who gets the hiccups
And gives me indigestion

I can feel you moving now
And it makes me smile
You're running out of space
But we still have a while

Soon People will want
To Cuddle and coo
And it won't be as easy
As just me and you

Our now special bond
Will grow further apart
Until one day
Someone else steals your heart

But remember little pigeon
That I loved you first
So much so
I thought I would burst

You're the closest to my heart
That anyone could be
And I'll always remember
When it was just you and me x



No comments:

Post a Comment

Any comments gratefully received!

 photo s_03.jpg  photo s_04.jpg  photo s_06.jpg