Pilot, Wife
and Expat life
what goes up, must come down

Wednesday 22 June 2011

The Others

I wrote a little poem and wanted to share it, some of these guys really get on my nerves and no more so than on a long and tiring night flight. I know other pilots will get this and agree but I would like to point out that I am sure there are some exceptions to the rule, I just haven't found any yet!
I hope you like it, leave me a comment if you do!

AA

I'm forever telling people,
Who are bored enough to listen,
I'm a truly awesome pilot,
See my epaulettes glisten?

I can't say "cleared for take off",
But I'm always "good to go",
I shout over others,
On my aircraft's radio.

I stand tall in my uniform,
And push in front of you,
I'm an American Airlines pilot,
So I shouldn't have to queue.

I don't understand much,
Everything's repeated,
at the smallest sign of turbulence
I make everyone stay seated.

I'm totally deluded
And think I'm like a god,
I don't admit I don't know
Instead I wink and nod.

I believe that when they see me,
The ladies start a riot,
After all who wouldn't want me?
I'm an American Airlines pilot!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any comments gratefully received!

 photo s_03.jpg  photo s_04.jpg  photo s_06.jpg