Pilot, Wife
and Expat life
what goes up, must come down

Monday 28 March 2011

Fear of the week

After a wonderful few days at home with S, I am already back in Scandinavia and am missing him more than I thought was possible. It is like a drug addiction, I get a fix and it is never enough and then I have to go cold turkey... It is really hard work but I have to remind myself that it will not be like this forever.
We took a look at our wedding ring designs, S was hugely upset that they were computer generated images rather than hand drawings and to be honest, they didn't really show us much that we didn't already know. My design was incorrect which frustrated me slightly, especially as correcting it has obviously bumped up the price, not because of the mistake, but because it almost doubles the carat value of the ring! S and I discussed this price hike, and feel that it is a small amount in the wholeness of time to get what you want. We will be wearing these rings for the next 40 years (I hope!) and the added cost comes to very little when you work it out per day. I have always loved the way that S and I can come to the same conclusion using the same bizarre logic and can usually persuade ourselves into anything. The champagne and chocolates that the jewellery shop gives us every time we walk in probably help too! So we now have our perfect rings on order and I cannot wait to see the real thing!

I also got to catch up with a few friends while at home and, as all of our lives are changing so quickly, it was nice to feel time slow down for a little bit as we talked and laughed well into the small hours of the morning. I was very proud too that my weight loss has not gone un-noticed and receiving a few compliments always spurs you on. My total loss so far is now 20 lbs and I am only 1 lb away from my first goal! It has been easy so far and the results are miraculous! I took great pleasure in choosing my new goal and I have now decided that I am aiming for my "ideal" BMI which is a far lower weight than I have ever been over the last 8 years, but I am confident that I will get there! Watch this space!

This time in Scandinavia I have a whole 20 hours in my apartment before I am off to another city and country for at least a week. Yes, it is that time of the year again.. Simulator time. It is, in my opinion, the worst part of this job and if you are not actually doing your simulator test then you are working towards it, talking about it or dreading it appearing on your roster. I always seem to fair ok, and as my favourite saying goes "the harder I work the luckier I get" and so far I have been very lucky!!

The next few weeks will decide a couple of my future moves in this chess game called life and as much as I am dreading decisions being made for me, I am looking forward to the wait being over. I can deal with a plan, a solid idea of what is to come, but I do not cope well with the unknown. Whatever the outcome, this phase of my life is drawing to a close and the next is appearing on the horizon, I just hope it is not as heartbreaking, disappointing or lonely as this one has been. I feel I have paid my due.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any comments gratefully received!

 photo s_03.jpg  photo s_04.jpg  photo s_06.jpg